Design & Deliver - Bespoke Training
my image Security Training
my image Responsbile Alcohol Retailing
my image First Aid Training
my image Classroom Based Training

Do I need a Personal Licence to work as bar staff?

No. However you must be authorised by a personal licence holder to sell alcohol.

Is there any funding for training?

It depends upon the qualification and the government’s current training strategy. Mandatory qualifications such as the APLH or ADS are not normally eligible for funding but often additional training such as NVQ level 2 in providing security services can be free of charge.
Register your interest in this further qualification upon first contact with Protect Training.
If it’s available and if you are eligible then we will offer this further qualification after successful completion of your course.
Frequently Asked Questions..

Who are the SIA?

The Security Industry Authority is responsible for the issue of Security Licenses.

Who needs an SIA Security Licence?

Anyone working within the security sector where the activity is defined as licensable;
Security Guard, Door Supervisors, Wheel Clampers, Cash & valuables in transit, close protection, CCTV operatives & Key Holding.
Which one do I need?

Protect Training delivers qualifications which meet the criteria for Door Supervisors & Security Guards.
A door Supervisors front line licence allows the holder to work as a Door Supervisor or Security Guard.

Are there any hidden training costs?

No. Protect Training prices are the total that you pay for the training, examinations and certificates.

What happens if I fail an exam?

In the unlikely event you fail an examination then you will simply pay for a re-sit examination.
Costs vary dependant upon the module failed. Any additional training will be free of charge.

Do the courses include exams?

Yes. For a qualification to be recognised it must include a controlled examination.
The Door Supervisor & security Guard courses have two independent examinations.

Can you carry out onsite training?

The examinations are independently invigilated and are subject to audit by the awarding body so must be held in a controlled environment which is suitable for the examination process, such as a classroom.

How long will it take to get exam results & Certificates?

The Skills for Security & HABC are market leaders and understand the importance of providing its candidates with exam results and certificates promptly. Normally results will be phoned through to candidates within a week of examinations and certificates will be available within two weeks
Do I need to wait for Certificates before I can apply for my door badge?

No. The SIA have the ability to check certificates on line, so once you have confirmation of passing the qualification submit your application.

If I have reading or learning difficulties can you help?

Yes. The awarding body will permit additional help / learning for legitimate reasons.
Please advise of any requirements or issues on first contact with Protect Training
(Always treated in the strictest confidence).

How do I apply for a door or security badge?

Once you have booked your training then immediately go to the following link and click ’request a licence application pack’ in the quick links box, top left. Follow the instructions for ordering an application pack.
How much does it cost?

Click the link below to check price.

How long does the licence last?

The SIA Licence last for three years unless suspended or revoked.

How do I renew my licence?

The process for renewal is the same as application.

What criteria must I meet to obtain a SIA Licence?

You must provide relevant ID, be 18 years of age, have undertaken and passed a relevant qualification & pass a Criminality check (undertaken by the SIA upon application)

I am not a British citizen; can I hold an SIA licence?

It is the employer’s responsibility to confirm an employees right to work.

Can you put me in touch with companies looking for door supervisors?

Yes. Protect Training have a database of companies always looking for good staff.
We can’t guarantee you employment but can certainly provide our trainees with contact details for reputable company’s.

What is a Personal Licence?

A Personal Licence allows the holder to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol in licensed premises within the terms of the premises licence.
0843 289 1874
Please click here to read reviews and recommendations.

If you have attended one of our courses, please leave a review.
We are accredited to administer qualifications by the Skills For Security & the newly established HABC (Highfield)
awarding bodies,who we consider offer the very best in Security & Licensed sector training.

Meet The Team
Joe Tuscevanni - Training Manager
Jo Queen - Administrator
Tony Luby - Quality Director

Home Home
Courses Courses
Directions Directions
Facebook Facebook
Twitter Twitter
Quick Links